The Chocolate Lady

Friday, June 13, 2008

Saving souls

Well, we have a live one. After sending off my email to the dear Francisca, I received not one, but two emails, one in the afternoon and one early this morning.

For my new reader let me explain what I am doing.... I am constantly inundated (arent we all?) with those scam letters, from foriegners in dire straits, who are really millionaires, but dont have a friend to help them in their time of trouble...you know the ones? Well, one time, on someone else's blog, a clever person strung the scammer along, and it had me rolling on the floor with laughter, so I decided to try it myself.....there was a saga that ensued, which you can read about here

I generally ignore and delete this emails, but occasionally, like yesterday, I cant resist having a little fun with them, so, here we go again.

Here is the first email I received from the poor lost soul:

Dear Kim,

God Almighy bless this day that I have found you, you have been the answer to our prayers.

I am so happy and told my brother when I read your email, that HOME IS CLOSE TO US.

Kim, please dont get offended if I ask you to please tell me more about yourself, let us get to introduce ourselves, You read little about me in my first email, it will be so sweet to read little about you, things like, what you do for a living, age, country etc, things that can really make me know little of you.

I will believe that you will be a nice person to us.

As soon as I sign out now, I will go to the enquiry desk of this camp to find out what it takes for us to go as we are having someone that is signing on our behalf, I will give you full details on that in my next email to you.

Also, I will send to you a copy of my picture so that you can see me, if you have any and wants to shear with me, I will really appreciate it.

Thanks and God Bless you.

Francisca Orlando.


Already they want a picture of me, and I just cant decide if I should take her advice and send the picture of the previous scammer, the little orphan on the stripper pole...or something else. I so dont want to scare this one away quickly. I didnt reply or send anything yet, I figured I needed to sleep on it and decide in the morning.

When I woke up this morning, I had a second email from the dear soul:

Hello Kim,

Please am really anxious to read your email, i hope you are OK, please know that you are all I got, my hope and good future.

Your reply to my other email of yesterday, it is very important so that I can tell you more on how you proceed to assist us.

Mary.


Well now, isnt this interesting....the second email was signed by "Mary"

What should I think? Is this a new person that has kidnapped the dear Francisca and is trying to use me to steal her money or something sinister like that? Or, is Mary the name she uses with "family" and dear friends like me? Who knows?? Let me write to her and ask.....

Dear New Friend,

I have been prayerful for you, thankful that God has brought you to me so that I can serve Him and help you.

I am confused that you have signed your name as Mary, because I thought that you were Francisca, but your email says Francisca.

I am wondering about your name. Last night as I was praying, God brought to me a vision of those that helped the mother of our Lord, Mary, when she was weeping...and it is like a sign from God, that you are now becoming like Mary to me with this name.

please explain which is your name.

A servant of Christ,
Kim


So, we shall see what happens next.....and if you have any input about which picture to send, please let me know.

BTW, Im working on my new feature; Being Beauty. Does anyone know how to put something in the side column with a little picture that people click? Like the way she does the clever click on features on her blog?? Any help would be appreciated.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! I love it!

Email me and I'll tell you how to do it. I can't post it on here because it has HTML code in it and the comment box won't take it.

cortneymeister at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

Praise God, you found a "player". I didn't mean you were the girl doing the pole dance. You should send a cute picture of yourself looking prosperous...you know, like maybe wearing a bunch of Beauty's jewelry, or maybe in a cap and gown, showing your degree of higher learning. That means "upper crust" in some cultures. Maybe something by your fire ring. I think you have a good candidate this time.

BTW, I do have a double fracture! I'm being referred to an ortho., and a sleep deprivation Dr. Medical science is pretty awesome, don't you think?

heartshapedhedges said...

Sleep deprivation AND a double fracture?

I think you need a bottle of gin!

Hope you feel better.