The Chocolate Lady

Friday, July 11, 2008

Dont mind the brown stuff on the wall

Im sort of getting used to the continuous splatter from the stuff that keeps hitting the fan. I might as well just fasten Pooper's Spider Man umbrella to my head, I mean, hello, can we get a break for just a minute.

Today, I was totally blind-sided. Blind sided by the fact that our MORTGAGE LENDER has been CLOSED, as in NOT OPEN FOR BUSINESS.

Now, I guess if we were just humming along with life, that wouldnt be so bad...but as some of you may remember from earlier blog posts (that My Honey didnt like posted), we are in the process of modifying our current loan.

Modifying mean, I have paid a large amount for 6 months, with the promise that after jumping through those hoops, our loan rate would be reduced to a very nice rate, and locked in for a very long time. Our old rate was decent, and for a long time....no weird adjustables....but this loan would be better, and really give us some breathing room (breathing room from the current strangulation of medical debt.)

So, I was supposed to get loan docs a week or so ago, as the new rates were supposed to have been locked in by July 2nd...but I never got any paperwork.

I called (the typical 3 hour, multiply transferred call)....and was assured that they were just back-logged, and that the docs were being sent out. WHEW! OK.

Well, apparently, that was all a big lie, Because, today, my news-reading self saw that IndyMac is closed, and they are no longer processing loans, door shut.

Im not really sure where this leaves me.

Since I read the papers religiously, daily...Im not sure how I missed this.

Since I called those IM people just this week, again, Im not sure how I missed this....

So, silly me, just go get another loan, right? WRONG.

After the shambles that our credit has become (Im not complaining....Id rather have a healthy son than healthy credit)...I dont think anyone would even give us a loan....certainly not at the really nice rate we were getting with IM.

And, as things go, it's not like Im finding out on a Monday, no.....why find out on a Monday and miss out on the stressful, intestinal-knotting-event that will go on inside my stomach all weekend??? I mean, finding out right before all the banks close on a Friday is really the way to get the optimal ulcer-creating-effect from this situation, dont cha think? Who needs closure??

Besides, it gives me something to look forward to all weekend....I mean, I just cant wait to wake up and try to be the first phone call to the FDIC on Monday, asking what in the heck to do. And, Im pretty sure when they answer the phone, I will hear that sweet recording say something like, "Your wait time is approximately 34235345 bazillion minutes." Because, maybe there are a few other people losing their mind over this.

Im gonna try to go about my life this weekend, and limit my vomitting and migraines, as much as possible.

Farmers Market with Hippo Brigade in the morning....and some scrapbooking after church on Sunday. I promise to have some fun, really, because, I look kind of cute with a Super Hero umbrella -ella -ella on my head.

8 comments:

Jason, as himself said...

I was wondering what that smell was. I kinda thought it came from MY fn, but I guess it must have been yours this time.

I'm sorry. I hate dealing with stuff like this. Especially when the phrase, "Your wait time is approximately 34235345 bazillion minutes," is involved.

Good luck with all of the brown stuff.

Unknown said...

If that's one with a Gov takeover, maybe things will eventually work in your favor.
That brown stuff? one word...ShamWow...you'll say Wow every time.

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Oh, that sucks! I am so sorry. It's always that way though with the weekend. Anytime I have a customer service issue and am in need of calling and yelling at someone, it's Friday after 5:00 and everything is closed.
Sounds like you have some fun things planned, so that will take your mind off of it. If that doesn't work, try a glass or bottle of wine. That usually does the trick for me. Good luck!

jlo said...

I, too, hate dealing with that kind of stuff. Try not to worry (coming from the biggest worry wart in the world) because there really is nothing you can do about it until Monday. So, scrapbook away!! Oh, and wine would probably be in order too.

Unknown said...

I am praying for you. What a pain.

Di said...

I'm in So Cal, too. I saw on the news today that the Feds were taking over it. Maybe that will help.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

President Bush did say that MAYBE the economy is in a LITTLE bit of trouble today, so maybe someone will start paying attention.

I hope the feds get it figured out soon enough to give you some peace of mind.

Tami Wyatt said...

I have my life savings at Indy Mac and I've been told that my account is fine because it's not a real estate loan. I used to work for Indy Mac when they were still First Federal Savings and Loan which is why I trusted them in the first place.

I am so sorry that you are having to go through this...but I think scrapping and wine are just what you need.