The Chocolate Lady

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

favorites

I realize Christmas is over, and people are ready to move on, already tired of the garland-laced decorations and smell of dead pine, but Im toying with the idea of doing "the Christmas chronicles" on this here blog. You see, My Honey broke down and sold his body, and with the large sums of cash, got me a camera for Christmas (and my birthday and our anniversary)...(and ok, so, not exactly about the selling his body, but he did find an awesome sale, and waited in line to make sure to get one before they sold out! ) so, now I dont have to keep one finger on the battery-compartment-door, while trying to take the pictures, and it has a lot more pixels or whatever, so I can crop a bit...and, well, to be honest, I got some pictures of my kids that *I* think tell some great stories...so, Im thinking of sharing them with you...

In fact, in a total lack of restraint to do things chronologically, let's start with Beauty.

I THOUGHT, that the highlight of her Christmas would be her Disney Princess bike that she found waiting under the tree. It seemed to me, that if I was going to spend 2.5 hours sweating and laboring over a pile of metal and rubber, putting together a contraption that came in a box - a box that said, "easy to assemble" and "5 easy steps", that the amount of toiling would be directly proportional to the amount of love she would have for the sparkly new ride....but I was wrong...sort of.

It's not that she doesnt LOVE her Disney Princess bike, and Ill share the highlights of THAT story later in the "chronicles"....it's just that what truly captures her heart, was another gift.

We havent yet decided on what to call this...sometimes we refer to it as her dancing scarf, or jingling skirt....but in real life, it's a scarf thing, with coins sewn on, that jingle, and belly dancers wear them, and her aunt got it at a Greek festival.....let me just show you......



See how pretty it is! It's a bright blue, with those silver beads and coins that make a shimmery sound, and Beauty loved it from the minute she opened it. She hurried to have us put it on her, and she twisted and wiggled, getting such enjoyment from the sounds it made.

And, while everyone sort of moved right along, she remained fixated on this skirt/scarf. She continued to dance and shake, like she is here....and directly in front of her is the fire place, whose glass doors serve as a mirror for which to dance in front of....



And later on, when everyone was opening more gifts and enjoying Christmas, Beauty was still enjoying her skirt/scarf, and was doing a little show....



And as the morning progressed, and the kids were opening their final gift (a really cool telescope)....Beauty was still wearing her....you know....and, she had even gone so far as to take off her nightgown, and JUST wear the scarf, I think she discovered the coins had better movement when there wasnt a thick patch of flannel all bunched up beneath them.....



AND, tomorrow is her dance class.....most of the little girls like to wear tu-tus and stuff, but recently, Beauty has gotten into wearing her sparkly "jazz pants" from a recital moons ago (the pants used to touch the ground!)....and you may notice that she gets VERY into the shaking and twisting and "hip rocking"....






sort of, super-spastically into it, as it's her favorite part of the class.....and so, she is so excited, to wear her new scarf/skirt/thingy to dance tomorrow,,,,, I can hear the jingling now!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

When I took Christine to her dance class, I thought she was smiling at me through the glass, but then I realized she was smiling at herself because its a two way mirror...if that's what you call the one that's a window on one side and a mirror on the other. So, all the time I was beaming at her, I thought she was beaming back...heck she couldn't even see me. I can't wait to see pictures of her wearing her jingle skirt with her leotard. She will be wearing her leotard, right?

I love the photo with Little One and her Daddy!

Melanie said...

Being a photo bug myself, I'm excited about your new camera! I love the photos you post. I am not sure I have ever signed your guestbook. I live in Atlanta and volunteer with a ministry called the Lighthouse Family Reteat. It's a ministry to families that have children with cancer. We take beach retreats in the summer and fall. I usually do the slide show for the week and love doing photos! I was linked to Andrew's site through one of our families. It's been so long I can't remember how I ended up there.

I must say, I am anxiously awaiting the unveiling of the 2007 "California smoke" Christmas photo!!

Leeann said...

Aw, I think that is so sweet. It is a fantastic age when they can be swept away with the wonder of something so simple.

I too will be looking forward to the pictures and the chronicles.

Oh and by the way, I didn't know that you all were (are) a CaringBridge family! I've been involved with several families on there for years and have also been following the Escoes for years.
I am really glad your son is doing so well.

You are now a favorite blog!

Leeann
niccofive.blogspot.com